Saturday 28 August 2021

DAY 1802-1821

Aug 9-28

1) After what felt like an eternity, we are finally done with fourth year. Eight rotations (paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology, psychiatry, family medicine, ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology, emergency medicine, and radiology) all condensed into three combined written papers. Two days later, a massive 31-station OSCE practical session, assessing all eight rotations over three hours. Honestly, the last month has been one hectic race against time, as we scrambled to cover all the specialties before our dreaded finals. 

2) So what's in store for our batch? Well, we are now bona fide final year medical students, with less than a year remaining before we graduate. Initially, we were supposed to begin our final year rotations (surgery, medicine, and public health) immediately after exams, but this had to be postponed after the major hospital departments denied us entry, so it'll be online classes for the next two weeks. Less than ideal, but I'm sure this would be a welcome breather for most of us after the mental and physical hell that we've been through.

3) It is also high time for me to focus on the core subjects for which our degree is based on, namely medicine and surgery. The last time I properly revised any surgery or medicine was in Semester 6, which was literally two years ago! Of course, I'll be taking the weekend off while I focus on other, more pressing tasks i.e. sleeping and cleaning my room. There is laundry that needs to be done, groceries that need to be bought, and sleep that needs to be replenished.

4) We will (supposedly) get our results in a week or two. Regardless of the outcome, I just want to sincerely thank everyone who has helped me on my journey so far, and hopefully we'll continue motivating each other on the road to finals! And with that, I'll sign off here. Thanks very much for tuning in as always, take care and stay safe, and have a great weekend - cheers! 

Does someone need a CAT scan?
Featuring Luca: a rather contented cat :)

Fadhli and I were all smiles after our obstetrics and gynaecology end-of-rotation examination
(his was genuine, mine was forced though :')

Jinny, Rachel, and I enjoying a short break before resuming our medical student shenanigans

Oh look - someone's decided to jump in the picture as well


I've never done well with captions, so just imagine a nice one in place here

Post-exam pre-requisite photo
ft. Lai, Aiman, and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment