Sunday 10 April 2022

DAY 2032-2046

Mar 27 - Apr 10

1) At present, it is a little difficult to describe my emotional state. I am simultaneously anxious for our upcoming finals, while also feeling relieved that all of this is coming to an end. The same can't be said for some of my friends though. Most of them seem to be in full "exam" mode and ready to start pulling all-nighters, if they have not already started doing so.

2) This week is our sub-internship week for orthopaedics - the last of our three sub-internship opportunities (for medicine, surgery, and orthopaedics). Unlike the previous two which were in Taiping Hospital, the orthopaedics sub-internship will be in Seberang Jaya Hospital - which is much more convenient. Hopefully the next two weeks will be kind to us. Coincidentally, there are only two weeks more to go before formal teaching is over. What follows after is a series of practical and written examinations which will (hopefully) conclude our medical student life. No pressure then. 

3) Studies aside, I was very happy to be able to join some badminton sessions with my friends over the past two weekends. While I was never really good at it, I thoroughly enjoyed myself - plus it gave me something to look forward to at the start of the week. Sadly, with the start of the fasting month for Muslims (Ramadan), as well as our fast-approaching finals, badminton sessions have since been temporarily suspended. 

4) Given how much I have left to cover, and how little time I actually have, I think it is time for me to resume my revision. Thank you very much for visiting as always, and have a great week ahead. Take care and stay safe, cheers! 

Group photo after an excellent ortho session at Penang GH
L-R: Helmi, Penny, Myself, Dr. Eu, Rachel, Ting Ying, Faizul, Esther, Midun

Dinner with Khang Way and Esther after an excellent badminton session :)

A fine meal to replenish those calories
(at the aptly named Grandpa's Kitchen)

Coming in early only to find the endoscopy suite (where the sign-in sheet is located) closed
L-R: Rachel, Ammar, Myself

Post-BST destressing at Fu Er Dai, which serves Cantonese-style dim sum

The highlights (for me at least) were the woo kok (fried taro dumplings) and lau sa bao (salted egg yolk buns)


Unlike most traditional dim sum which is carted out to each customer's table, here customers are required to make their selections at the counter instead

A surprise package - wonder what's inside...

An interesting addition to the OSCE sessions
Before anyone gets any ideas, the mannequin is for practising intimate physical examinations

A second badminton session to wrap things up before finals
L-R: Khang Way, Esther, Michelle, BK, Marcus, Myself

The spicy pomfret was to die for!

The cutest iced coffee I've seen

My face after realising I'd been fooled a second time... turns out the endoscopic suite only opens around 7.30am each day

Back for some clam noodles at Ah Gu Pan Mee today


One more for memory's sake :)



No comments:

Post a Comment