Friday 10 March 2023

DAY 2343-2381

Jan 31 - Mar 10

1) Another day another dollar - or pound here in the UK. It's been just over a month since my last blog post, and if I'm honest, not much has happened since then other than the fact that I've been rather busy with work. Reflecting on the past seven months, I have learnt a lot about medicine as a career. While medical school tends to place emphasis on book knowledge and passing structured exams, the real world is a completely different kettle of fish. Everyday, I find myself challenged by different scenarios, many of which require me to actually apply knowledge rather than regurgitating it out on a test paper. 

2) Spring is just round the corner, and yet this week we received a weather alert warning us of possible snow. Indeed, in these past few days most of the country has seen sub-zero temperatures, with Scotland recording a freezing -16C yesterday. If there's one thing I've learnt since coming here, it is that "as unpredictable as the British weather" was meant to be taken literally. Thankfully, the winds here are nowhere near as strong as they tend to be in Ireland - so I can get off with just a winter jacket.

3) So I have an exciting announcement to make - I'm coming back after seven months working here in the UK. It will be my first time home after as many months, and I cannot wait. Frankly, I'd used up all my annual leave for this rotation in planning my holiday. I am therefore looking forward to maximising the measly two weeks I have with my family and friends back home. It goes without saying that food will play a huge part in this. Recently, I had a shock after weighing myself - I had lost almost 10kg since coming here! Even more reason to replenish some of the lost pounds back home then.

4) I should probably finish packing up now. Thanks for visiting my blog as always, and hope you have a great week ahead. Take care and stay safe, cheers!


Nothing better to do on an off-day

This is the lightest I've been since high school - not sure how to feel if I'm honest XD

Looking forward to a haircut back home








No comments:

Post a Comment