Tuesday 14 June 2022

DAY 2098-2110

Jun 1-13

1) Graduation Day - a time of great joy and celebration, as we celebrate the fruits of five / six years of hard labour. Last week we had a very unique convocation ceremony - a combination of three cohorts (C2020, C2021, & C2022) attending a physical graduation together! This is because for the past two years, graduations had to be socially distanced (i.e. online) due to the ongoing CoVID-19 pandemic. It was also a chance for me to reunite with my previous classmates and to catch up with everyone. 

2) To properly commemorate the event, my dad decided to book a professional photoshoot for the whole family. So off we went (my grandpa, my parents and myself) to Foto Ekono, accompanied by my aunt and niece as they wanted to take graduation pics as well. It was a bit challenging to assist my grandpa in climbing two flights of stairs, but luckily my dad and I managed. All in all, I was rather pleased with the end result - and you can see for yourself in the photos below.

3) Life after graduation has been quite relaxing if I'm honest - having my family by my side, and not having to wake up early or stay up late is certainly the best feeling ever. Of course, all good things must come to an end, and soon I will be caught up in a myriad of applications as I await the next phase of my life - working! But for now, I'll take it easy and enjoy the time I have with my beloved family. And so ends another edition of my blog post, do click on the link to see a truckload of pics (mostly of my graduation). Thanks very much for visiting, and take care and stay safe. Cheers! 


Graduation Pics - 1 of 5
With my beloved family!

Graduation Pics - 2 of 5
With my dear parents

Graduation Pics - 3 of 5

Graduation Pics 4 of 5
(with the RCSI white coat of course)

Graduation Pics - 5 of 5

Group photo with my good friend Kuhan and his family :)

What we started together, we finished together!

With my mom - an amazing woman and my pillar of support

Wouldn't miss the opportunity to pose in my college while I still have my graduation gown :)

I can finally pose here with a smile :)

Behind me lies the study hub a.k.a. library a.k.a. my second home


Jumping away from all my responsibilities

Casually pointing out where I did my pre-clinical years at (RCSI) 

Bayview Beach Resort - the venue for our graduation


My mom and I decided to try out "The Ship" for dinner

As you can see, they have "the best steak in town"

Everything is marine-based, as one would expect in a restaurant called "The Ship"

Medium-rare strip steak

Beautiful sunset between the trees


A quick walk on the beach in the morning

Buffet breakfast with my mum


With Sim and his mum at the pier :)


Random height chart

C2020 (Aden), C2021 (Zi Yan), and C2022 (Myself) in one picture

Getting ready for our conferring

Of course I graduated from RCSI, while Aden graduated from UCD

Compulsory photo with mummy dearest

With Lai - fellow MUN-er and all-round nice guy

It's been a while guys!
L-R: Zi Yan, Jason, Kuhan, Myself, Nee Kee

With Hoong Yunn - my senior from C2020

With Mad Noor - my climbing buddy!
We've trekked up Penang Hill more times than I can remember :)


With Melvin - my tie buddy!
(Seriously though - we are wearing matching RCSI ties)

Group photo time #1
L-R: Melvin, Kuhan, Myself, Mad Noor, Zi Yan, Sim, Jazlan

Group photo time #2
L-R: Zi Yan, Melvin, Melissa, Kuhan, Myself, Esther

Group photo time #3
Please excuse me I can't remember everyone's names after 3 years XD

Group photo just before the actual ceremony begins
L-R: Yew An, Kyle, Myself, Kuhan

And so it begins...

5 years of hard work, leading to the NUI degree of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, and Bachelor of Obstetrics (MB BCh BAO)

With Dr. Maurice Manning - Chancellor of the National University of Ireland (NUI)

With A/Prof Patrick Felle - Associate Dean of Medicine, UCD

With Prof. Premnath Nagalingam - Dean of RUMC

With Prof. David Whitford - President & CEO of RUMC

With A/Prof. Bikramjit Pal - Head of Department of Surgery

With A/P Sheikh - Acting Head of Department of Medicine

With Dato' Dr Manjit - Previous Head of Department of Surgery, Penang General Hospital 

With Dr. Vasanthie - Senior Lecturer in Orthopaedics and a mother figure to all of us

With Prof. Andrew Law - Head of Department of Psychiatry

With A/Prof Prem Kumar - Fractional Academic and Consultant Neuropsychiatrist in Adventist Hospital

With Dr. Tan Kean Chye - Senior Lecturer in Family Medicine 

With Prof. Hussain Imam - Head of Department of Paediatrics

With Prof. Jacqueline "Jackie" Ho - Fractional Academic and Former Head of Department of Paediatrics

With A/Prof Foong, Dr. Tan May Loong, and Dr. Foong - from the Department of Paediatrics

With Ms Janice - our Student Affairs Officer

With Olly - love his energy and I appreciate all the banter we shared

With Kuhan and Bridgette

With Angel - my D1 psych posting partner
(and one of my first friends coming back from UK)

With Jason - super duper easy-going friend who chews his food 30 times before swallowing as it promotes better digestion

With Omar - my Taiping surgery rotation partner / roomie and a fount of knowledge

With Shang Chen - my group mate in Sem 9 Medicine and a walking encyclopaedia

With Li Lin - also my group mate in Sem 9 Medicine and the most chill person I've ever met

Bumped into Farqilah just before taking a taxi back to Sg. Nibong Bus Station

Of course this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Team Blumboes - so-called because we all wore matching blue shoes on our Europe trip in 2017!
L-R: Myself, Kuhan, Melissa, Melvin, Zi Yan

Thanks so much mum for taking several days off work, for booking a hotel room, for attending my conferring, and for taking loads of pictures of me and my friends!

And finally - it's me!



No comments:

Post a Comment