Wednesday 20 July 2022

DAY 2126-2147

Jun 29 - Jul 20

1) In the blink of an eye, many more weeks have passed. I've been so incredibly busy lately getting my visa, flights, and accommodation sorted that I have not had much time to update my blog. Fortunately, things have settled down (at least for now), and I can return to doing what I do best - putting my thoughts on paper.

2) As I understand, there has been an ongoing heatwave in the UK (and across most of Europe) for the past two months, with temperatures projected to soar as high as 43°C today. It seems surreal to think that the UK could be that much hotter than Malaysia, but maybe that's just the Earth's way of telling us that man-made climate change is a real thing... Looks like it's time for me to search for air-conditioners in the UK, if that's even a thing. 

3) In a few days, I'll be leaving for the UK to begin the next chapter of my life - working as a Foundation Year 1 doctor. Essentially, the UK Foundation Programme (UKFP) is the UK postgraduate training programme for new medical graduates, analogous to the Housemanship training implemented by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). As sad as I am about leaving my family and friends behind, part of me keeps reminding myself that this is what I had wanted all along - to gain valuable experience and training abroad. 

4) I really cherished the short time that I've spent back home in Ipoh. Spending quality time with my parents, visiting my relatives, my teachers, and my friends - these are memories that will remain with me when I'm 10,000km away from home. Hopefully, the transition from medical student to junior doctor would not be too difficult, and I'm looking forward to making many new friends (while also meeting up with familiar faces) along the way. 

5) I've accumulated a tonne of photos over the past four weeks, which I've conveniently categorised into one of the following: "Group pics", "People pics", "Food pics", and "Location pics". Thanks very much as always for visiting my blog, take care and stay safe. Cheers!


GROUP PICS

Family dinner at East Ocean Seafood Restaurant








Japanese dinner with the relatives tonight :)




PEOPLE PICS

Trying our best to find the best cendol in town!

Our favourite breakfast spot - their butter and kaya toast with iced milk tea is heavenly!

Ramen and pot stickers for dinner tonight :)

Dessert with mum at "The Grass" Café @ Greentown

Lunch at Yinzo Kopitiam


Dinner with my mum and cousin at Tengu Restaurant

With my gong gong (maternal grandpa) and my cousin

Banana split with mummy at Crazy Ice Cream & Salad House


Trying some dim sum for brunch today

Simple yet marvelous - banana leaf rice

Lunch at D' Naina Restaurant, located inside Tesco (Lotus) shopping complex

Last badminton session with my dad (for now) - there will always be a next time!

What a workout playing singles with my dad!

Dinner at The Chicken Rice Shop

Trying out a new pie shop in Ipoh - Roosendaal Cafe


Casually bumped into Pn. Wong - my primary school teacher, while out jogging today :)


With my super-talented cousin doctor Wilson




LOCATION PICS

This unassuming unnamed shop is actually home to an awesome iced tea!

Recreating Venice in tropical Ipoh :)


The queue literally extends all the way outside :O


Hong Kee - famous for their mah chee (mochi) and sweet peanut / sesame soup




FOOD PICS

What better way to kick off the "food pics" section than with ais kacang (shaved ice) and prawn crackers!

Classic banana leaf rice near Foto Ekono

Count the number of plates!


Absolutely ginormous short rib ramen in Gourmet Square

Fascinating desserts at "The Grass"

Sweet peanut soup (left) and mah chee / mochi (right)








More delicious desserts at "The Grass" Cafe



Chicken and beef burgers from a roadside stall near our house


My mom had the teriyaki chicken set meal at Tengu Restaurant

I had the sushi rice bowl set meal :)

Spaghetti bolognaise

Oyster omelette

Roasted chicken rice at The Chicken Rice Shop @ Ipoh Parade

My mum's supremely delicious osmanthus jelly (kwai fa gou)

An assortment of dim sum


The king of fruits - durians!

It is said that you either love it or hate it - I am very much in the former category :)

Curry pandan rice in Gourmet Square

Tring out a new cafe this weekend - "Royale"

Their Norwegian salmon was very well done 

Roasted chicken, assam fish curry, pie tee, and beansprouts for dinner today - at The Chicken Rice Shop

A curiously-shaped tomato

Chicken pie and mash at the Roosendaal Cafe

Beef pie with mash and gravy

Dark chocolate pie with feuilletine

Linzertorte

Back to Sun Marpoh Restaurant for an incredible dinner


Their marmite chicken is out of this world!




1 comment:

  1. When gifts are given in a corporate setting, they are chosen keeping certain standards in mind. Now with advanced printing technologies, we can get them printed with company’s logo and what not. You can get an employee welcome kit made with some simple steps.

    ReplyDelete