Sunday 10 September 2017

DAY 374/375

Sept 9 & 10

1) Today started off with a bang. Literally. As in I woke up with a cramp in my left leg. Now I've been awoken by leg cramps before, but this was on a whole new level. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just got up and thankfully, it gradually went away. I'm suspecting it was due to my running back home from the Dundrum LUAS stop. There are three steep inclines to navigate in oder to reach my residence, and two incentives for me to jog back - (1) to reach home earlier, and (2) to escape the really strong winds. There's a reason the stop before Dundrum is called Windy Arbour. Anyway, the cramp wasn't too serious; just worth a mention I guess...

2) I've been hanging out in the library for pretty much the whole day. While it is true that I do actually study a bit in the library, often I'm doing everything except that. Whether it's watching YouTube videos, listening to songs, or just randomly surfing the Internet, I always manage to find a way to procrastinate. I'll have to find a way around this, and fast.

3) This evening, Martin and his mum invited me out for dinner. Since she's leaving tomorrow, we'd decided to meet up one more time. Together with Michelle from Trinity College, we had a lovely Vietnamese dinner at Pho Ta, at Temple Bar. We had some pork/prawn spring rolls for starters, and I had their pho (Vietnamese noodle soup - a bit similar to Ipoh's 鸡丝河粉 haha). It was a really rich broth, and a huge bowl at that too. For dessert, I tried the yogurt coffee - a Vietnamese take on affogato (replacing the ice cream with a slightly sweetened yogurt). All the while we had a nice long chat about student life in Ireland, and our hopes and aspirations for the future.

4) Before we knew it, night fell, and we said goodbye to Michelle. I walked with Martin and his mum back to RCSI, amidst the hustle and bustle of a thriving Saturday night crowd. After showing them some nice locations for food, it was time to bid farewell to auntie. Thank you so much for taking us out for dinner (not once but twice), and thanks yet again for the great company. And safe flight back home to Hong Kong! :D

5) I returned home shortly afterwards, to do the laundry and prepare for the next week. That has been my day, and in the style of the 1001 Tales of the Arabian Nights, I'll be sharing my love of music in the next update (or any other update when nothing much has been going on...) Stay tuned, and thanks for tuning in. Have a great weekend, cheers!

Good food, even better company ^^

That is a huge bowl of savoury goodness

Pho = <3<3<3

Two yogurt coffees, one lotus seed drink (蓮子糖水), and one caramel custard,
to cap off a wonderful night out :D


No comments:

Post a Comment