Sunday 3 September 2017

DAY 366/367/368

Sep 1, 2 & 3

1) The past three days have been really exciting. In addition to all my friends returning, I've made many new friends coming to Ireland for the first time. On Saturday evening, Zi Yan and I went over to the airport to pick up Talal, who hails all the way from Pakistan. We took a taxi back to RCSI, before showing him to his residence at Mercer Court. I must admit, the sight of the lounge, kitchen and the corridors brought back a wave of nostalgia - when I went over to Mercer whenever the library was closed during winter time. Bittersweet memories, but intense memories all the same. We went for dinner at Super Miss Sue, before returning home.

2) Today we met up with the other first years at Mercer. We split into two groups - one would go to Zaika, while the other opted for The Noodle House. As The Noodle House was closed, we decided to for Subway instead. We basically occupied the entire shop as it was quite small. After lunch, we returned to the college first, before splitting into yet smaller groups. We then brought our friends over to Penney's, to get some pillows and duvets. We passed by the Asian Market and took a short tour inside too. Coming back, we went to the St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, and we introduced them to Argos (one stop shop), Boots (pharmacy), and Dunnes supermarket.

3) After a long day out, Zi Yan and I took the students who lived in New Mill back home, to unload their stuff. It's my first time visiting New Mill myself, and I can safely say it looks amazing. Too bad it's not as close as the other two on-campus accommodations, but I'm sure they'll manage just fine. Anyway, we had to rush back to make it in time for the 5.00pm orientation session at the new building. Let's just say we made it in the nick of time. Zi Yan left soon enough, while I had to withdraw money and get my dinner. Stayed in the library until late, before taking the LUAS back home. That has been my day, and hopefully you found it interesting. Thanks very much for visiting, and have a great day. Cheers!
New faces amidst some familiar faces;
Welcome to Dublin! :D

Waiting at the airport

With Talal and Zi Yan, at SMS

New Mill looks really impressive









No comments:

Post a Comment