Monday 6 November 2017

DAY 431/432/433

Nov 5, 6 & 7

1) After a very busy couple of days, things have settled down a bit. But not for long, as we have the first of many quizzes/tests this week. Tomorrow is the JC3 Outbreak Quiz, an hour long quiz on some statistics using Excel. On Thursday, our group (Group B) has our Card Signing 2, which I have had no chance to prepare due to the myriad of activities I have been involved in lately. Finally, next Thursday is our Quiz 2, which includes everything we've studied since Quiz 1.

2) Anatomy Class today was quite interesting, as we were covering the lectures on the eye. We got Mr Quinlan as our surgeon prosector, and he went through the lecture, testing us on our knowledge. Although it may sound really gross (and indeed I felt the same initially), we had the opportunity to remove the eyeball from a prosected specimen, by first removing the muscles attaching the eye. By using an aptly called "bone nibbler", my friend Stavros picked away at the pieces of bone that contained the eye in the socket.

3) Once that was done, we switched roles, and I worked around the eye - cutting away at the muscles that held it in place, with a scissors. It took me a LOT longer than I had expected, but at last we managed to remove the eyeball. It was the first time I had actually seen the eyeball, including its contents - the lens, aqueous humour, vitreous humour etc. You know the saying "to sneeze your eyeballs out"? After today, I highly doubt that is actually possible. Indeed, the Mythbusters have proven that it is possible to sneeze with your eyes open, and your eyeballs definitely do NOT pop out XD

4) Apparently there is a train strike tomorrow, affecting all Intercity, National Rail, and DART services. Although no mention of the LUAS was made, I really am not taking any chances. I've decided to put up at my friends' place for the night, so that I won't be late for my exams tomorrow. Anyway, that has been a summary of my day(s), and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day. Cheers!

Spending the night at an undisclosed location

Free Cake
(Don't ask where it came from, just know it's free XD)

Looks delish (I didn't try it though)

What I expect to be calculating tomorrow

Free Tesco muffins (from MUNC Event)



No comments:

Post a Comment