Thursday 9 November 2017

DAY 434/435/436

Nov 8, 9 & 10

1) Towards the end of the semester, there has been a greater emphasis on my studies, which unfortunately means less interesting activities to write about in my blog. Continuing on from the previous blog update, we had our JC3 Outbreak Quiz, which was rescheduled due to Hurricane Ophelia. It was an hour test, which required lots of calculations, and some critical thinking. We received our results that very day too!

2) After the quiz, it was time to prepare for our Card Signing - the (hopefully) last card signing we'll ever have. After this, it will just be our Anatomy Practical Finals that we will have to worry about. I say 'just' but that is 13.16% and 12.5% respectively right there, for the Neuroscience module. Anyway, Card Signing (for Group B) was today. As usual, we all filed into the Anatomy Room at sharp 2pm, and started shortly after. Our examiner was Mr. Blayney, retired Consultant ENT Surgeon.

3) To cut a long story short, I didn't quite manage an A. All those lapses in concentration started to take its toll on me, so that I felt I deserved what I got. To be honest, I'm just so very glad that it's over, because I can now concentrate on my next task - Quiz 2. This is the last major "Quiz" before our End of Semester Exams in early December. But it couldn't come at a worse time - a) three days after Card Signing, and b) my visit to UK will hinder my studying.

4) As I mentioned, I'll be flying to UK tomorrow for the UKEC's First Introductory Event of 2017/2018. Basically, we will have a side event in the form of Coffee and Conversations with UKEC - gathering student participants from the various universities to give their opinions on "What Constitutes a Constitution?" Also, the whole of Saturday and Sunday would be the first meeting with everyone, which will help us establish contacts and get to know who we'll be collaborating with. A lot to ruminate about, but also a lot of exciting new events to look forward to.

5) At the end of the day, we have less than a month to go before our exams begin. After that, I'm looking forward to a long and well-deserved break. More details on my holiday plans coming soon. Until then, thanks very much for tuning in, and have a great day. Cheers!

Christmas is coming ^^

As I was blissfully tucking into Boojum at the Dispensary...

Along came the Fire Alarm, sending everyone out of the New Academic Building...

As you can imagine, not everyone was happy to be chased out in the middle of their activities...
(but I definitely agree it is better to be safe than sorry)



No comments:

Post a Comment