Wednesday 15 November 2017

DAY 441/442

Nov 15 & 16

1) Here I am, staring at a blank screen, wondering what to talk about my daily life. These days, in particular, have become a lot less exciting due to the upcoming end-of-semester exams. Less than a month from now, we would actually have finished our exams, and I will be looking forward to spending my second Christmas away from home.

2) As I mentioned previously, we had Quiz 2 the very next day after I returned from UK. Suffice to say, I did not do much revision and ultimately, my results were subpar. I have three weeks to fix that, hopefully. But before all that, I had time to attend the RCSI Journal Club's Event - welcoming Prof. Arnold Hill (Chair of Surgery), in presenting two of his research papers. It was fascinating how one of the papers, "S100B as a serum marker in endocrine resistant breast cancer", was the culmination of the past 15 years! I can only imagine all the ups and downs that the research team had to go through to get to this stage. A truly remarkable feat, I might add.

3) Today was Oman's 47th National Day! Many of my Omani friends had set up the Expo Stage at the New Academic Building, complete with photo booth and traditional snacks. There were two large posters detailing all the wonderful tourist destinations and points of interest. We took many photos at the booth, and I even got the chance to write a congratulatory note on the board. It was fun learning a bit more about the cultures and traditions in another country.

4) This evening, we had our Small Group Tutorial. Separated into three groups, each group had to tackle a question regarding the "Molecular Medicine" module. We were asked about Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Huntington's Disease. After some deliberation, we managed to get something written on the canvas provided. Finally, I had to go up and present for my group. It wasn't easy trying to remember lectures which were given at the very beginning of the semester, but at least we did a decent job.

5) The rest of my day has been a repetitive cycle of studying a little, getting distracted, and then just pacing about. I need to get my head back in the game, so to speak. And on that note, I'll end my blog here. Thanks for reading, and have a good day. Cheers!


Happy 47th Oman!!


Journal Club's Event - with Prof. Arnold Hill
(presented by Lanny and Deena)

Over 2,000 contributors went into publishing this piece

The decor was spot on imo


I have yet to meet the person behind the suit ^^


Posters of Oman



Guess which one was mine? :^)


Apparently, it was also Mexican Day at the Dispensary
(They had burritos/bowls for €5.50)


No comments:

Post a Comment