Saturday 8 December 2018

DAY 809-829

Nov 19-Dec 9

1) Where to even begin? Soon after our final class on Nov 21, we've been bombarded with exams after exams, and as I'm typing this there is one last exam to overcome. We had our CNSLF "mid-semesters" exams on Nov 26, then our finals started on Dec 2, with an exam every other day. We've literally gone through three huge exams in just one week - REGUB, GIHEP, CNSLF (which we had today - on Saturday(!)), with the final exam (TM - Tropical Medicine) coming up in three days.

2) And of course, as the exams are all in the main campus (much to the delight of pretty much everyone else) I had to travel everyday from Beaumont to the city centre. Add to that the chilly and recently rainy weather and that's a lot to take in. The only small consolation is thanks to the tight schedule, we'll finish our last exam very soon. And that would be it - 2.5 years (or 832 days) in Dublin!

3) As I am returning to Malaysia early (on Dec 16th), I have very little time to say a proper farewell to Ireland. Nevertheless, I have planned trips and meals with friends to make the most of what little time I have left post-exam. It will be very difficult to say goodbye to everybody, but hopefully it's just a roundabout way of saying I'll be back.

4) Now, as they say, I need to get cracking again. Last Paper Syndrome cannot get the better of me; I have to finish strong! My sleep-deprived, running-on-fumes, caffeine-imbued self can only take so much, but it will nevertheless take me through the last mile of our exam marathon. And that's that for today's update - I really do not have the luxury of time anymore (just for now - I'll have loads of time after exams XD). Thanks very much for reading, and have a lovely week ahead. Cheers!

The last day of lectures - with Prof. Arnold Hill
(Professor and Chair of Surgery, RCSI)

The last day of lectures - with Prof. Leader
(Professor of Pathology, who taught us from IC1 right till the very end of our journey 
(for the Penang students I mean XD))

With Ms Tanya Chapple - the most helpful person for anything and everything 
societies-related

Claire, Monika, Lanny, and myself
- at Cafe Nero enjoying some light conversation before the nightmare of exams begins :))

The Moon was out in full force this rather chilly morning - I wait at this particular point every time I need to go to the main campus!

A fun fact: this is the first balloon I've actually inflated and tied off - I know it sounds strange but I've never done it before! XD

Promoting our Cancer Soc's Bake Sale - all proceeds would go to charity, specifically the Movember Foundation which aims to raise awareness on men's health and research.
(P.S. That is my handiwork)


Posing with Eddy the Elk - the new official RCSI Mascot!! ^^

All the decorations are up in preparation of Christmas! It's gonna be a big one :)



Contemplating life's many intricacies the night before our first exam (if I remember correctly - my sense of day and time has been lost)

Our CNS mid-sem exams were in Beaumont - the first time we had our exams in the recently renovated Smurfit Building

Probably the most fulfilling meal I've had in a long time - at Croi na B Cafeteria at  Beaumont Cafeteria (some day I'll be able to pronounce the name haha)


I'm going to miss this view very soon. It's so quiet and tranquil at night...



Trop Med - one last hurdle to go, and I'm free! 
(until the next semester of course haha)



   

No comments:

Post a Comment