Saturday 29 December 2018

DAY 845

Dec 25

1) Christmas - the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas traditions vary from family to family, ranging from those who celebrate it religiously, those who celebrate it culturally, and those who don't celebrate it at all. Regardless, it is still a holiday, and the decorations in some households are truly a sight to behold. Our family celebrates Christmas in a simple manner - Xmas buffet lunch at Casuarina @ Meru, followed by dinner at my maternal grandmother's. It's a nice time to get together and meet up with cousins (after 2.5 years no less), plus the Xmas gifts are always something to cherish hehe. That's it for the text, do scroll down for the pics and captions. Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great one. Cheers! :D

At my grandmother's house - getting into the Christmas spirit with my cousins :)
(how we colour coordinated I don't know, but it certainly added to the Christmas feel)

Christmas at The Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur
(a shopping centre in Bukit Bintang)

Group photo with all my relatives on my mom's side :)

All smiles :)

Lovely X'mas dinner tonight!!
Food creds: "Chef" Yvonna Wong (my cousin :)
Pic creds: Joe Keong (my cousin :)

Posing in front of the "dessert bar"!

Wonderful Christmas fruitcake ^^


After the early barrage of photos, this is a flashback to our Christmas buffet lunch, 
at Casuarina @ Meru


Spoilt for choice tbh!


God knows how long I've been waiting for this - sweet and sour chilli crab
(served with mantou (bread) to mop up the juices!)
I defy anybody to come up with a better combo XD

Too busy enjoying the food to explain what exactly it is I'm enjoying ^^
Half-eaten Christmas log ^^

Good food, good company, what more could one ask for?


Roast turkey was the star of the show!
(a close second was the prime rib just next to it) <3 <3 <3

Prime ribeye with an assortment of sauces :)
(with a side of turkey)



The smell from the hot plate was phenomenal :)
The various meats and sauces made the queue longer and longer as time went by...

A selection of finger foods

Followed by ice-cream of course :)

And finished with some fruit (watermelon)

Watermelon, honeydew, and papaya

Couldn't resist taking some more tidbits to end what was a very wholesome meal with family ^^

Picture perfect :^)
  
A quick detour to my old school (where I did my A-Levels)

My mom's laundry shop - "Pusat Dobi Seabreeze Laundromat"

Harrod's Fondants - £5 a pop overpriced goodness XD

My mom with the "dessert bar"
  

My mom and I

My cousins have grown so much since I saw them last!


Setting the table for the night


Group pic just before dinner :)

Sweet BBQ chicken wings, mash with bacon bits, creamy broccoli soup

10/10

Very beautifully laid I must say






X'mas gifts yeay! 
Turned out to be something less useful for me and much more useful for my mum so no yeay ):

No comments:

Post a Comment