Tuesday 18 December 2018

DAY 830-832

Dec 10-12

1) And just like that, our final paper of the semester - Tropical Medicine - has come and passed! And with that comes a great big void - what to do next? One moment we're so hardcore studying that barely after finishing each paper we're already studying for the next, and now there's absolutely nothing left to study! As I pondered over what to do next, it hit me that in less than a week, I wouldn't be here anymore!

2) For lunch, my friends and I (Joshua, Ishtar, Jeffrey (Kaung Sett), Melvin, Melissa, Zi Yan, myself) planned a nice buffet lunch at Jimmy Chung's. We were originally supposed to meet up at 11.30am, but I was delayed a little as I needed to close my AIB Bank Account. Anyway, we met up there and enjoyed lunch, after which Joshua was really kind to hand us all goodbye cards. As you know, the RUMC students (a.k.a Melvin, Melissa, Zi Yan, myself) will not be returning to Dublin next semester, so it was our last chance to meet up before parting ways...

3) While I may not be physically here in Dublin, I wanted to be able to take as much as I could back home with me, hence the many pictures below! But before all that, Melissa was meeting up with Dr. Fitzpatrick to say goodbye, and she kindly informed me so I tagged along. We sat down for a nice cup of coffee over at "Remedy" - the college cafe. It was such a change of pace to be idling about (with good company of course) compared to what we had been doing the past two or three weeks.

4) Dr. Fitzpatrick had a function to attend to, which is when we decided to take as many photos as possible. We went to the "historical" section of the campus, and took lots of profile pic worthy photos. I had dinner with Zi Yan, and we talked about our trip to the Giants Causeway tomorrow. It was a guided tour with the "Wild Rovers", but more of that in the next post.

5) After dinner, Zi Yan and I went over to the "Friendship Room" (an obscure room in the main campus) to watch a movie. We originally wanted to use one of the giant screens in the student lounge or in the library study rooms, but we couldn't find a cable to connect to my laptop. After a long battle over what movie to watch, we settled on "The Incredibles 2" as we had both watched the first movie and not the second. It was quite an entertaining movie, albeit more suited for a younger audience (this coming from someone who still watches Spongebob XD)

6) Soon after, I had to go back home, in order to pack up and mentally prepare myself for the trip tomorrow. Bear in mind that at this time I was already sleep deprived many times over due to the end-of-semester exams haha. Anyway, that's it for this edition of the blog, stay tuned for the next one - which will be on our day trip to the Giants Causeway.

7) As always, huge thank you for reading, and have a nice day. Cheers!

P.S. Now that you're braved through the text, please enjoy some really nice photos below :)

Barry had to leave early to meet his brother at the airport, so this is a nice picture of Andy, myself, and Barry at the study pods immediately post-exam :)

Dinner from Burritos and Blues (note the marked absence of a lot of students in the Dispensary - that's the absence of all IC2 students who'd finish their exams today XD)

Having a lovely chat with Dr. Fitzpatrick over a cuppa, at Remedy Cafe
(l-r: Melissa, Melvin, Dr. Fidelma Fitzpatrick, myself)

I got myself a nice cup of hot chocolate, to go along with the mince pies that Dr. Fitzpatrick ordered for us <3 <3 <3

Paying the board room a visit - note beautiful grand piano on my left :)

All dressed up with nowhere to go
(and yes, the eagle-eyed among you will notice that this is the college tie that I have on me)

Paying the College Room a visit
(beautiful college crest behind us)


Remedy Cafe in the main campus



RCSI logo and motto - Consilio Manuque - which means Scholarship and Dexterity



Profile picture worthy I might say haha

The old repainted piano is now in the student lounge of the main building


Posing in the board room
(same place where the grand piano is located)

Mr Skeleton - the Harold Brown Lecture theatre is where most students in Junior Cycle wait in before getting called to the Anatomy Room for our Anatomy Practical Finals


Here's where we wash up before and after our dissection visits to the Anatomy Room




I have no idea why I took this picture - just thought it looks cool haha
(it's actually the door handle in the board room)

Poster of Malaysia in the Friendship Room, which contains stuff from the various clubs and societies (I'm assuming this poster would be used by the PMCSA to promote our country)

The College Hall, where exams are held 
(we have a larger hall aptly called the "Exam Hall" 
where more students can be seated for their exams :)

I ordered the Big @$$ Burrito, which comes with all the fixings, served on a bed of nachos and cheese. Simply heavenly! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment