Thursday 1 February 2018

DAY 516-520

Jan 29 - Feb 2

1) And yet a couple of days past. I have been very busy recently. On Monday, I had to travel to the city centre to get a couple of things done. First, I had to withdraw money to exchange for pounds sterling, as I will be going to UK for UKEC's annual flagship event, the 'Projek Amanat Negara' (PAN). This year's conference is to be held in University of Sheffield, from 10-11 Feb 2018. An exciting new approach is in store for PAN XV as the perspective we want to take with the theme “Think Again: A Paradigm Shift” is to explore the impact of the Past on the Present, and onto the Future. We have an exciting lineup of distinguished speakers, and a lot of sessions planned throughout the day. I personally cannot wait for it!

2) Second on the agenda, was to top up my phone for the trip to UK. After confirming that roaming charges incurred would apply only after I used up the 6Gb free data in EU countries, I bought the €20 unlimited data plan from 3 mobile store.

2) Third on the agenda, was to get a haircut. If you've been following along previously, I frequently get my haircut at the Dublin School of Barbering, located near Temple Bar. On this particular day, I was unlucky as the barbershop was closed (for whatever reasons). So on to the next item on my list - to enjoy a nice buffet before returning home. As I had about an hour to spare before buffet service started, I chose to walk along the River Liffey. Along the way, I passed some beautiful bridges (O'Connell, Samuel Backett, Millennium, Ha'Penny, Sean O'Casey) and took some lovely snaps.

3) After whiling away the time exploring Dublin 1 and 2, I returned to have buffet at Jimmy Chung's. All filled up, it was a short walk back to the bus stop at Eden Quay, before taking the 27b bus back home. That has been a summary of a day in my life, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. Have a nice day, cheers!

The iconic Samuel Beckett Bridge



O'Connell Bridge

Irish Life Centre


Statue of James Connolly, outside Connolly Station


The Custom House Dublin (Irish: Teach an Chustaim)



Pier


UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty


Samuel Beckett Bridge





The architecture is simply brilliant :))




Sean O'Casey Bridge



Buffet Spread at Jimmy Chung's





No comments:

Post a Comment