Friday 26 January 2018

DAY 511-515

Jan 24 - 28

1) As yet another week passes, I'm reflecting on what has transpired that is noteworthy. A couple of things come to mind. Firstly, I attended my first ever Grand Rounds, at the Robert Adams Lecture Theatre. As I mentioned before, it was a really good experience listening to different healthcare personnel (including surgeons, physicians and nurses) come to share any interesting or important info.

2) I've discovered an even faster route to the Northside Shopping Centre (where I do most, if not all of my grocery shopping). Turns out the fastest way from where I live to the shopping complex is literally a straight line - that skirts round the side of a building - right to the entrance! How I missed that earlier, I am not sure. It only occurred to me when I remembered my host family telling me about how they went there.

3) I've found out from my friend another backdoor route to Beaumont Hospital. There is a back entrance to the hospital (the one I usually use), but apparently there's also another one just round the side, which is really convenient for some of us. Both of these routes save a LOT of time compared to walking round the pavement to the main entrance. That results in me being able to wake up very late for class.

4) Lessons are going well so far, if at a really brisk pace. There's loads more content, and lots more to memorise. I know the general consensus is to understand it rather than memorise it, but when you're desperate and exams are coming... Anyway, that is about it for the week, I wish there was more but there isn't anymore. And on that rhyme, I'll end here. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day. Cheers!

Such a foggy day!

Visibility really not that good here haha

Almost reminded me of a scene out of a survival horror game XD

That's the route I took back home from shopping 
(before I learnt the shortcut ^^)


Cheap quality meal of chicken, meatballs, potatoes and veggies






No comments:

Post a Comment