Tuesday 18 July 2017

DAY 318/319/320

Jul 16, 17 & 18

1) The past three days have been quite exciting, if a little tiring for me. I've met up with my second Principal Investigator, Professor Kathleen Bennett, Associate Professor in Biostatistics in the Division of Population Health Sciences RCSI. Together, she and Dr. Caitriona Cahir explained in greater detail my project.

2) This second research project, which begins Aug 2, concerns quantitative research on Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) in elderly patients. That should be more than enough to keep me occupied for the rest of the month, after which the next academic year/ term commences. Meanwhile, I've more or less finished my first research project, with a grand total of 15 experiments.

3) This Friday, I have two things on my agenda. The first is the debate on Antibiotics Resistance. For the longest time, I was under the impression that I'd be debating FOR the motion "Are We on the Brink of an Antibiotic Apocalypse?", but today I received an email from Dr. ONeill that I would be debating against it. There goes my weeks of preparation, I thought. Oh well...

4) The other event is the climbing trip to Mt. Brandon, in County Kerry. We're going to trek up the 952m mountain, before coming down to have a splash by the beach. That promises to be a fun weekend, and I can't wait for it. That's all for my three days' worth of activity, and I hope you enjoyed reading. Have a great day, cheers!

Not bad for barely six weeks I reckon ^^

That was a free meal from Burrito & Blues
(can't reveal how I got it for free now can I?)


Duck spring roll at AK Henry's for lunch today


No comments:

Post a Comment