Monday 7 August 2017

DAY 337/338/339

Aug 4, 5 & 6

1) The past days have gotten colder. The weather has become a lot more erratic, as you can see from the pictures below. I've been on my second project for about a week now. Both my Principal Investigators will be busy the following week, leaving me to sort things out for myself. Hopefully I'll be able to make enough progress to justify having me over for the month haha.

2) Knowing that some of you reading this blog are coming over to Dublin next month, I've taken some interesting pics of Dublin in general, as I went for buffet at Dublin 1 last Saturday. Trace my footsteps as I walked from Buffet 79 (Dublin 1) all the way back to RCSI (Dublin 2).

3) I've run out of things to write about, as I'm stuck in the library most of the day - lost in the virtual world as I peer into the computer screen for a variety of reasons. If there's one thing you should do (I'm referring to those coming to Dublin in Sept), it's to study hard and enjoy at the same time, because you're in for one heck of a ride. That's all for my blog update, be sure to scroll down, and I'll see you in the next blog update. Have a nice day, cheers!

Dublin on a beautiful, sunny day :)

Buffet 79 (located at Moore Street)

The Spire (originally The Millennium Spire, 
until they realised it wasn't going to be completed by the new millennium)

Fun fact: the previous year (2015) they shone lights at the Spire to make it look like a blue lightsaber, in anticipation of the upcoming Star Wars movie...

O'Connell Monument, the memorial to Daniel O'Connell, the 19th century nationalist leader, by sculptor John Henry Foley, which stands at the entrance to the street named after him.

What a lovely day for a walk
(all that's about to change though)

Lots of tourists cross the O'Connell Bridge 
(that joins most of Dublin 1 from Dublin 2)

The River Liffey

Street art

Trinity College Dublin
(keep in mind the sunny weather...)

This it Grafton Street 
(arguably one of the busiest streets in Dublin and a main tourist attraction)

And barely two minutes after my passing TCD, the weather has taken a turn for the worse...

Gotta love the weather... NOT ^^

St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre
(most of the RCSI students would come here to buy groceries at Dunnes (downstairs))

The entrance to St. Stephen's Green, a large park right in front of RCSI
(In particular, that is Fusiliers' Arch is a monument which forms part of the Grafton Street entrance to St Stephen's Green park, in Dublin, Ireland. Erected in 1907, it was dedicated to the officers, non-commissioned officers and enlisted men of the Royal Dublin Fusiliers who fought and died in the Second Boer War (1899-1902).

The LUAS (tram service) is so convenient as it stops at St. Stephen's Green, literally right in front of the College

No comments:

Post a Comment