Saturday 26 August 2017

DAY 358/359

Aug 25 & 26

1) As the days count down to a new semester, so too am I closer to finishing my posters/ abstracts. Yesterday I met up with Dr. Griffith to discuss on the progress of my poster, and he brought me down to the tea room where everyone was having some doughnuts. Turns out my friends from Soochow University are returning to China next Thursday, and this was a sort of "farewell" for them. I'll miss you guys!

2) For the most part, I've been in the library - grinding away at my research. There's not much interesting to talk about here; it's same old same old. So I'll be utilising a narrative technique which I hope will keep my blog going: I'll talk a bit about what I've learnt. This is mostly stuff I've read on Facebook - one of the most reliable sites for information after Wikipedia. All jokes aside, here we go.

a) Malaysia managed to hit a home run by getting Indonesia's flag wrong in the SEA games, then getting 8 out of 11 flags wrong in a medal tally broadcast, before finally getting it's own flag wrong. But hey, at least they get a cookie for consistency. Still, we're doing a great job in the games so let's keep fighting!

b) It's McGregor vs Mayweather tonight! Notorious vs Money; Ireland vs USA; UFC Lightweight Champion vs Quintuple Boxing Champion. My thoughts? My heart says Conor, yet my brain says Money May. Either way, the hype is REAL and I can't wait.

c) If the hype falls flat, where do I go next? Why, to Dragon Ball of course! A good way to maintain some semblance of proficiency in Japanese, while simultaneously enjoying one of Akira Toriyama's most cherished works. Dragon Ball Super streams live at around 1:30am, with subtitles about an hour or so afterwards.

d) Most importantly, I've got a pretty good feeling that the so-called "Dispensary" in the new building is going be converted to Starbucks! Or at the very least, it's going to sell Starbucks drinks, amongst other food items. Not too shabby, I must say XD

3) And that's about it. I've exhausted everything I've wanted to say, so on that note, I wish you all a very good weekend ahead. Thanks for reading, goodnight!

With Eolann, Judge, Flora, and the other Soochow University summer exchange students :D

The cookies were from the RCSI Alumni Meeting which took place recently

Waste not want not, as they say ^^

Back to Coronation Chicken haha

I've never been to the Tea Room before; glad that I have now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment