Saturday 12 August 2017

DAY 343/344/345

Aug 10, 11 & 12

1) Yet three more days have passed. I've been kept busy by the constant work and research. In particular, reading up about breast cancer and its management. This ties in nicely with my research on breast cancer comorbidities, and helps me to build a stronger understanding of what I'm researching on. It's amazing how the Internet, if utilised properly, can make someone with scant knowledge suddenly appear a lot more knowledgeable.

2) Aside from that, I've started making phone calls to the patients who are part of our research programme (on adverse drug reactions). Primarily the phone call is to make sure they have received our posted questionnaire (which I made haha), but also to assist them if they have difficulty completing the questionnaire. I've probably mentioned this previously, but the intention is to investigate adverse drug effects in patients aged 65 and older, most of them who have recently been discharged from Beaumont Hospital.

3) On top of this, I've started working on my poster for the first research project (the one in the labs). As summer research students under the RSS, we have three tasks: presentation, abstract, and poster. I hope to get all this sorted before school reopens, as I'll be a busy man then. As if I'm not busy enough now haha. Anyway, that's been my update for the past three days, and hopefully you enjoyed reading about it. Have a great week, cheers!

Beaux Lane House - where I work :D

A familiar sight (just opposite the old Mercer Library)

That's what good luck looks like on a Wed
(at Burritos and Blues)

Steak quesadilla with nachos

Lunch Box Deal - pick a main with three sides, only €5.95
(I recently rediscovered this offer at Dunnes)

Seriously, who could resist all of this?

Coronation chicken, 
with a portion of noodle salad, broccoli with feta, and spiced potato salad



No comments:

Post a Comment