Thursday 24 August 2017

DAY 356/357

Aug 23 & 24

1) They say things happen for a reason. What were the odds that the random person I asked for help with taking a photo (the one with me and the Head Porter in front of RCSI) would turn out to be Martin, first year student at RCSI (under the PMC programme) come September? And he was extremely lucky himself, for both he and his mom came just that morning, and by evening had been taken through an extensive tour of the College.

2) We decided to meet up over a cup of coffee today. Together we went to Cafe Nero, just outside St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. We sat down for some hot beverages, and chatted about life in Ireland and how to survive medical school. I don't think I'm the best person to ask for advice on study strategies etc, but hey, I'm still in one piece, right? XD Jokes aside, I tried to recount my experience living in Dublin for the past year, and staying back for research and other opportunities. In return, I got to learn more about Martin and his mum, and how he ended up coming to RCSI.

3) As evening came, we took a casual stroll down Grafton St, and onto Trinity College Dublin. After a brief turn, we reached Temple Bar. Feeling a little peckish, we opted to try out Banyi Japanese Dining, the self-stylised "Best Japanese Restaurant in Dublin for hand-crafted sushi, fresh sashimi, and traditional Japanese dishes". The food came served in elaborately decorated sushi plates, complete with liquid nitrogen in a bowl for that extra smoky effect. Fancy to say the least ^^

4) Good food, even better company - I almost lost track of the time! Before I knew, it was almost 10:00pm, and then it dawned on me that I had left some of my belongings in the library, which was closing soon. Cue mad dash back to the library, muttered some apologies to the security officer to let me in, and retrieved my stuff just before the library was closed. As it was getting late, we decided to call it a night, and I made my way back to the LUAS station. That was an awesome evening out for me, and a welcome reprieve to my otherwise mundane (and repetitive) daily routine. That's all for my blog today, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. Have a nice day, cheers!

A lovely Japanese style dinner with Martin and his mom :D

Hot chocolate and brownie at Cafe Nero

A quick visit to Trinity College Dublin


Sashimi and sushi platters ^^

Pleasure making new friends :)






No comments:

Post a Comment