Tuesday 3 July 2018

DAY 661 & 662

June 24 & 25

1) It was a terribly hot day today, and I was drenched after my usual walk to the school. On this day, Niamh and I went out for lunch with Nina, who brought us to a nice restaurant in Wenxing Square. You're given a bowl and are allowed to pick as many vegetables or meats that you want, with noodles an optional extra. Get the bowl weighed, pay, and wait for everything to be cooked and served piping hot.

2) It is a different way of ordering food, but absolutely delicious in the end - as you can garnish your bowl with a variety of condiments. Mine cost more expensive than my friends as I had the most meat, but it honestly came to only €3.00, which is a steal for me. And what better way to cool down on a hot day, than a trip to "Cuo Nei Village" for some lovely bubble milk tea! Afterwards, Nina brought us to a supermarket which we didn't know existed in the square.

3) Niamh got her fair share of nuts (and some bananas) while Nina got some bananas and a packet of milk. Then, we walked all the way back to the lab, where I continued with work as usual. That has been my day, and thanks as usual for visiting. Have a lovely week ahead, cheers! :D

"Malatang" - minus the spiciness as I had just recovered and didn't want to provoke another allergic reaction :)

Niamh and her huge box of nuts :)
(If I had to guess I'd say they're all gone by now...)

Zhajiangmian from Family Mart :)

Malatang (without any spice added)


Oh the nostalgia here is real...
(My dad and I used to get loads of this for munching on at night, to have along with our milk tea... :)




Red bean soup (with glutinous balls)

Reading material for research ^^

Bubble milk tea at "Cuo Nei Village" Cafe














No comments:

Post a Comment