Monday 16 July 2018

DAY 680 & 681

July 13 & 14

1) Today was an intriguing day for me. Right after dinner, Chris came to me and asked if I was interested in joining him for a tour of the church and surrounding lake. Always eager for an adventure, I instantly agreed. The plan was to reach the area before the sunset, which according to Chris is phenomenal! Unfortunately, as luck would have it, we were a tad late and the sun had set by the time we got there ):

2) Still, it was not a wasted trip as the evening glow of the skyline, contrasted with the deep blue sky made for some amazing pictures. Chris promised to show me some photos of the sunset if we ever visited again. Meanwhile, we were walking along the pier, where rows of citizens were having a dip in the shallow waters (although a sign saying "No Swimming" was clearly visible XD). While walking along the pier, Chris recounted his adventures during his "youth", including his many trials and tribulations. It was very touching to hear someone recount their entire life story, and it really made me reflect on my choices in life thus far.

3) Soon, we reached the Church near Dushu Lake. I wish I knew the proper name, but it should basically be the Dushu Lake Church. There were loads of couples getting their wedding shots here, in the gleam of the evening sun. The giant cross in the waters, bathed by the golden rays of the evening sun, truly made it seem like a divine experience altogether. We went into the church for a bit, before coming out and sitting on the grass. After some chit-chatting, the mosquitoes made their presence felt. So we decided to make a move to our next destination - another spot by the lake!

4) It was very dark when we reached, as the sun had completely set by now. We walked along the wooden pier where families and couples were congregated at, and took a slow stroll to the other side. All this time, I was snapping away at some truly surreal photos. Soon, it was time to head back, so Chris dropped me off at the pharmaceutical building. It was a short and nice trip, and it took away from the hours of being holed up in the labs doing experiments. It also reminded me to be appreciative of the little things in life, as sometimes they could mean the most.

5) That is the gist of my day today, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. Thanks for tuning in as always, and have a great week ahead. Cheers! :D

Chris and I at the pier (with a row of swimmers behind us :)

Brilliant view of the sunset, very graciously supplied to me by Chris (after he came back another day)

The majestic Sun in all it's glory ^^

What a contrast between the above picture and this!


Statue of Jesus Christ at the Dushu Lake Church

How beautiful the view, how surreal the image :)

A couple getting their wedding photos taken in front of the church :)

Inside the church


Fishing by the lake

The huge cross greets viewers from across the lake


















No comments:

Post a Comment