Sunday 14 May 2017

DAY 253 & 254

May 12 & 13

1) Euphoria is an affective state in which a person experiences pleasure or excitement and intense feelings of well-being and happiness (I got that from Wikipedia XD). Today, I believe many, if not all of us were in a state of euphoria when our last exam paper was collected from us. Weeks upon weeks of studying and sleepless nights culminated in this brief moment of pure joy. For me, I spent yesterday cramming every last bit of info into my brain, before waking up at around four today to continue doing so. As you can imagine, my concentration was just about enough to get me through the exam, and thereafter my mind was completely gone.

2) So where's the first place you go to once exams are over? Why, the library of course. Frankly, I didn't have anywhere else to go, so I went over to the library, now as deathly quiet as ever. First thing I did was have a nice long chat with my parents, informing them about the exam and my plans for the summer. Next, and here comes the crucial bit; I fell into a deep slumber at my desk. Had a really really good sleep (the best I've had in weeks haha), and woke up re-energised. In the afternoon, I indulged in my first post-exam movie - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I had always wanted to go watch it when it first hit the cinemas, but never got round to doing so. A quick review: superb fan service, great soundtrack, awesome visuals (except for some really ghastly CGI at the end), and less than satisfactory ending. Personally, I'm a sucker for happy endings, so having *SPOILERS* all the main characters die in the end is never going to have a positive impact on me. But it was really enjoyable as a whole.

3) I did not have any food left for dinner, so I went to McDonalds and treated myself to a nice ol' Big Mac. Turns out with a voucher, you can get a Big Mac and medium fries combo for just €3.90! That's a value meal if I've ever seen one. I returned to the library, where some of my friends got together to discuss on our holiday trip. I promise to reveal everything in the next blog update, since this update is getting a bit long. Anyway, as I was walking out of the library to go home, my friends Raveena and Zack approached me. They commended me on my blog, and admitted to being ardent fans of my daily musings. This really touched me, as I felt that my daily efforts were being appreciated. In all honesty, it gives me great satisfaction to receive such praise as it does creating these updates for all my readers, and I hope to be able to continue doing so.

4) All in all, it has been one heck of a year for me. Learning new skills, adapting to a new environment, making new friends, living away from my family and relatives - the list just goes on. But one thing's for sure, I've come out the opposite end stronger, tougher and overall a better person (hopefully). That's the end of my blog today, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. To all my friends and batch mates, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! You truly deserved it after all the effort and hard work. And to those who haven't finished their exams yet, keep on pushing. The end is closer than you think. Have a great weekend everyone, cheers! :DD

Zack and I, posing in the courtyard


Some sweet treats, courtesy of the Archery Society :D

That's me lunch


McD's for dinner 


No comments:

Post a Comment