Monday 12 September 2016

DAY 11

Sept 12

1) Today we had to be at RCSI from 10 till 3. Although there weren't any lectures, we still had to attend the "Passport for Success" programme. As usual, I had my typical breakfast of muesli with milk, before leaving for RCSI.

2) Arrived a little later than usual, so many of the spots were taken and I had to sit further back. It didn't matter, since it wasn't an academic lecture we were having. Basically, the facilitator talked to us about the various skills we needed to develop, as well as the various programmes offered to help us cope better with life in Ireland.

3) Headed to AK. Henry's (The school cafeteria, essentially) for lunch. Today I had the Lamb Burger with sides, a steal at €5.95. After lunch, went for the last programme, which was the Cultural Competency session. To be fair, RCSI prides itself in being a multicultural university and I can easily see why. I have met students from all across the world, from Canada, India, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, UAE etc.

4) After the programme, we went over to Mark and Spencer where there was a sales offer: three frozen dinners for only €14. Bought enough to last me three evening meals. I'm going to cook after that of course.

5) Came back home to rest for a while. Had dinner, consisting of the chicken tikka masala I bought earlier. Really hearty and filling meal. Ate an orange for digestion, and after writing this, I will be going over some lecture notes before the next lesson tomorrow. We are going to meet our tutors for the first time tomorrow. Anyways, that's all there is, there isn't anymore! Goodnight!



Since today was Eid Mubarak, they served us free food 
after the first lecture. Yummy!


And so it begins...

I don't think this needs a caption anymore



 First time having lectures at the Cheyne lecture theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment