Monday 19 September 2016

DAY 18

Sept 19

1) Today was really exhausting. Woke up to have cookies for breakfast (since my milk spoilt), then studied before going to RCSI at 10 a.m. I went slightly earlier to play the grand piano in the Board Room. This time there wasn't any lectures going on so I could play to my heart's content. A random guy (probably a caterer) even popped by to see who was playing and gave me the thumbs up!

2) There was a break before lunch so me and my friends decided to go apply for a LEAP Card at Trinity College Dublin. It cost me €10, but now we can use it for public transport whenever we like. Had lunch at AK. Henry's as per usual, before lectures continued from 1-4 p.m.

3) After lectures ended, I stayed back at RCSI for a while. At 5 p.m., table tennis (or ping pong) session began. Five courts were set up at the multipurpose hall, and we had a really fun time. I am a complete newbie to the sport, so I just enjoyed hitting the ball around. Luckily, my friend Khee Heng gave me some valuable pointers. At 6 p.m., me and Zi Yan went to play squash. Again, being a complete beginner meant that it was an achievement just to be able to serve properly. Fortunately, everyone was very patient with me haha. It was a great experience though!

4) We met up at Mercer at around 7 p.m., to go to Boojum for dinner. Today was our Hong Kong friend, Venus' birthday, so we celebrated there. We pooled together some funds to buy her a small birthday cake, and even sang the Happy Birthday song! What a memorable evening it has been.

5) Walked back home, cleaned up and made an appointment online for my GNIB Card Registration. I'll be going in October to register for my card. Hopefully things will go smoothly as planned haha. Tomorrow is our first Anatomy practical, and I'm really looking forward to it. Until next time, this is me, Kevin, signing out.



The stuffed mushroom with carrots and wedges
€3.95


Three tacos with Mexican rice, pinto beans, chilli con carne,
tomato salsa, sour cream and cheese 
€6.00

  


The birthday cake!!


Group selfie!


From l-r: Viknesh, Nee Kee, Khee Heng, Aisha,
Me, Stephanie, Venus (birthday girl!), Kuhan, Hong,
Zi Yan, Melissa, Wendy, Melvin, Jason, Esther



No comments:

Post a Comment