Friday 9 September 2016

DAY 7

It's been a while since I updated my blog, and that's just because I've been so busy trying to assimilate into life in Dublin. Anyways, here's today's update. Keeping it short and simple from now on, to save time and effort.

Sept 8th 2016

1) Went out with the gang (Zi Yan, Kuhan and Khee Heng) to O'Brien's for breakfast. We originally wanted to go to Munchies, but since there were no chairs to sit on, we tried Chopped instead, which turned out to be the same.

2) Went to AIB Bank at 10 sharp to get our bank accounts done. After taking our passports, the guy in charge told us that our debit cards would be ready next Friday and that our accounts would be active in around three working days. I'll probably have to return there again to deposit some money into my new account.

3) Went to Nee Kee's apartment (at Mercer's) for the "RSVP Steamboat" that we were planning. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan since there wasn't enough cutlery. So we brought our own while Venus and Esther very kindly volunteered to prepare the food for steamboat. Around 20 of us came, and we basically pigged out till five plus.

4) At six, we were already waiting for the bus to take us to Dardistown (for the Fresher's Carnival). Unfortunately, after missing the first bus, we had to wait almost two hours for the next bus to arrive. Anyway, we reached there eventually and had a blast a) getting dinner- cheeseburger with fries, b) playing bumper cars and c) riding on the spinning gyrating thingamabob. At ten, the bus brought us back to RCSI, where I had to walk home alone.

5) On a side note, I discovered how to transfer photos wirelessly from my phone to my MacBook Air. Really comes in handy. So enjoy the pics!!


At Dardistown for the Fresher's Carnival


Dardistown Sports Complex, owned by
RCSI


Me, Hong, and my abysmal driving skills XD


Group pic (many more of this to come haha)






No comments:

Post a Comment