Sunday 27 November 2016

DAY 87

1) Today was such an EXCITING day! Woke up super early, after sleeping at around 2am the same morning. Anyways, I made the decision to walk all the way to Hueston Station, before taking the trip to Kent Station, Cork! The walk took me about 45 min, but I had no choice since the buses don't operate that early.

2) Met up with my friend and debate partner, Kuhan, and we bought breakfast before boarding the same train together. On board, we discussed our final strategies for the debate "THBT Communities of Gang Violence Should Not Cooperate with the Police". We then had to change trains at Mallow, before finally reaching Cork at half past eleven.

3) Took the nearest cab to University College Cork, and reached with time to spare. The debate started soon enough, and we were side Opening Government. Tried our very best, and we ended up third place. Unfortunately, only the top two teams will carry on the Irish Leg of the debate, so we are out of contention. Still, the experience counts for so much more.

4) Kuhan decided to take the 3.20pm train back, while I was on the 4.20pm one. So I passed by St. Patrick's Street, taking photos of various locations, and had lunch at The Fish Wife. Really good student deal for €5 - fish and chips. Quickly walked back to Kent Station, and sat the long journey home...

5) Had a nice doner kebab for dinner at Hot Chilli, before walking the rest of the leg home. Absolutely dreadful to my legs, but still an awesome experience nonetheless. I have accomplished so much since coming to Ireland, but now it is time to focus on my exams. That's all for tonight, and thanks for reading. Enjoy the pics, cheers!





































































No comments:

Post a Comment