Thursday 3 November 2016

DAY 62

Nov 2

1) Today was both the most exciting AND stressful day for me in Ireland yet. Woke up really early, to catch the 145 Bus to Heuston Station. I would be going to Cork for the Irish Mace Debates at University College Cork (UCC). I decided to spend a full day sightseeing at various tourist hotspots.

2) Had breakfast at the train and reached Kent Station, Cork at around 10.35 am. From there, I went to the first stop, St. Anne's Church and Shandon Bells Tower. From there I toured Cork on foot, and covered many interesting places like the St. Peter and Paul's Church, English Market, Cork Courthouse, National Monument and St. Fin Barre's Cathedral. It was an absolute pleasure to stroll about Cork, all the while admiring the architecture and appreciating the gorgeous scenery.

3) In the evening, I walked all the way to UCC for the debate. Unfortunately, my teammate arrived later than expected. So we had to start our debate late, and this caused us to miss the last train home! I felt so dejected at the thought of spending the night in Cork, plus I had lessons on the next day too. By a stroke of luck (and the grace of God, I might add), we managed to find the last bus going back to Dublin, an AirCoach.

4) We took that bus, which left at 11pm, and reached Bachelor's Walk at around 1.35 am. It was freezing cold, and the wind did nothing but make it almost unbearable for me. I had to walk all the way back from there to my apartment, and I arrived exhausted, cold and hungry (we didn't have dinner). But thankfully, we were home in one piece.

5) That was my very eventful and memorable day, and I apologise for updating the blog later than usual. As consolation, here are many, many wonderful pics of my trip to Cork (including a nice video detailing the route we took from Dublin to Cork, painstakingly made by my dad). That's all for today, and thanks for reading my blog. Cheers!



















































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment