Thursday 10 November 2016

DAY 70

Nov 10

1) Today was a tiring day for me. Had breakfast early in the morning, before proceeding to practice, practice and practice for our Principal Seminars. At around ten, got into my fancy outfit (it had to be formal) before walking to RCSI. Principal Seminar lasted for almost two hours, and each of us got a chance to deliver our speech, which consisted of one topic randomly chosen from ten topics.

2) I was the first to be called up. My topic was the role of tamoxifen as a partial agonist in treating breast cancer. Spoke for the allotted time, before trying my best to answer the resulting questions. After the seminar, our examiners gave us some feedback, and told us that as a team we had done a great job. My heart leapt for joy upon hearing that, as I felt all of us had already tried our best.

3) For my celebratory lunch(!), I went to Dicey's Garden. Today I tried the roasted pork chops, and boy did they taste great. I am not a fussy eater, but I have to admit that today's meal was extra delicious, maybe because of the immense burden off me haha. Came back home to have my bath, before Skyping with my parents for an hour or so.

4) Returned to my room for a short nap, and then it's back to the old grind, so to speak haha. I guess that's the life of a medical student here at RCSI. Anyways, tomorrow I have an appointment at Mercer Medical Centre, where they will do a blood test, and later on in the evening I'll be leaving for Mt. Errigal on a hiking trip. I guess there's that to be looking forward to haha. That's all for today, and thank you for reading. Goodnight!


Today I was feeling like Pork Chops haha


Sweet BBQ Pork Chops

No comments:

Post a Comment