Wednesday 23 November 2016

DAY 83

Nov 23

1) Today was a productive day for me. Woke up early for our first and only lecture for the day (at 8.00am). At nine, we were free for the day, so I went down to the Friendship Room to help the PMCSA (Penang Medical College Student Association) prepare for the decorations for the Farewell Dinner.

2) Spent the better part of the morning and afternoon drawing and decorating a large mask to be used as the backdrop for the event. Stopped midway for lunch at AK. Henry's, had a quick sandwich, and came back to help for an hour plus. Then packed my stuff up, and went to library to study.

3) I did quite a lot of revision (note to self - library is the perfect environment to cram copious amounts of info in a short amount of time haha), and went to have dinner at Zaika's. My daily spendings have gone higher than usual today, so I plan to reduce my expenditure from now on...

4) At around six, I returned to RCSI, in preparation for the RCSI BioSoc Anatomy Quiz, which started at 7pm. My team consisted of Justine and David, both Graduate Entry Programme Med students from Canada, and myself. We went up against team "Scapenous" in the first round. Managed to progress up to the Semi-Finals, where we were soundly beaten by the eventual winners of the competition, team "Humerus".

5) All in all, it was a really fun and enriching experience, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for the participants, who had to be not only fast but accurate as well. Truly an event worth coming for, even if I knew very little about many of the questions asked. Anyway, there was pizza and light refreshments afterwards, and we wasted no time in helping ourselves haha. Came back to my apartment, and here I am typing this out. That's all for today, and thank you for reading as always. Cheers!

Full Irish breakfast today <3

Mask that I drew ^^

AK. Henry's Baguette for lunch

Zaika's for dinner tonight

Royal Chicken Tikka Biryani 

Houston Lecture Theatre (BioSoc Anatomy Quiz here!)

The mask after glittering! :D


Professor Clive Lee acting as mediator for the final round,
between teams "The Denver Bronchioles" and "Humerus" XD

Pizza after competition yeay!!


With Dr. Thomas Farrell on my left,
and Prof. Thomas Clive Lee (Head of Department, Professor of Anatomy RCSI)

With my teammates Justine and David
"Great job guysss!! :D"




No comments:

Post a Comment