Monday 9 January 2017

DAY 129

Jan 8

1) Surprise surprise! Today was my birthday :D Got up early and found my phone chalk full of notifications from FB, Whatsapp, WeChat etc all wishing me well. I felt absolutely touched that so many of my family, friends and teachers took the effort to wish me on my special day.

2) So right after breakfast, I went to library and started replying each and every one of them. I'm not kidding, it took me until late afternoon and even then I wasn't close to finish yet. I had another Dunnes pizza for lunch, before continuing my "task" hehe. Later that day, Melissa and Melvin came to wish me Happy Birthday, and asked me my plans for the evening. I told them that some of my friends (Kuhan, Khee Heng and Zi Yan) were going out with me to Han Sung (a Korean restaurant in Dublin 1) to celebrate.

3) Later on, my friends and I went to Han Sung for dinner. Imagine my surprise when I saw the whole gang there, waiting to wish me! Melvin even took the liberty to treat me to my meal, and for that I'm really grateful. But there was more to come. After a really nice dinner, we came back to Esther's apartment, where I thought we were going to watch a movie. But before that, my friends presented me with a Black Forest cake, along with birthday cards from each and every one of them. Maybe to some of you this is quite common so you won't make much of it, but to me it is a big deal. We each had our share of cake, before finally settling on a movie choice- the one and only "Kung Fu Hustle", a Stephen Chow film that gets played over and over again each Chinese New Year.

4) After the movie- which I admit brought back lots of nostalgia watching it at home with my family- Jason had to leave, so the rest of us stayed back to play cards. After a couple of rounds, Melvin suggested we play a game called "Psych" so we downloaded the app on our phones. It's an interesting game where you have to submit your own answers to a really obscure question, hoping your opponents would choose YOUR answer. Really fun game, although I didn't really do well haha. By the time we called it quits, it was already 2.00am. I was contemplating spending the night there, but finally decided to walk home quickly. Came back and realised I hadn't done my blog for the day or the day before, which made me feel really bad. Made a promise to update the blog the next morning, and here it is - both blogs completed and I'm right on schedule. Thanks for reading everyone, and enjoy the rest of the day. Cheers!

"P.S. To all my family, relatives, friends, teachers, and acquaintances who wished me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate our relationship and hope it remains true. And for those who did not, no worries as I understand that everyone has their own issues and others may be busy. I feel blessed to be a part of your lives :D"

Toast for breakfast

My Dunnes Pepperoni Pizza XD

Chicken Labb at Han Sung for dinner

That's me, grinning like a Cheshire cat while cutting my birthday cake :))

Group photo ^^





Black Forest Birthday Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment