Friday 27 January 2017

DAY 148

Jan 27

1) Today is Chinese New Year's Eve in Dublin! And here I am, enjoying my 9-4 lectures as usual XD. Woke up early to make the 9am class as usual, and our first lecture was on anatomy, specifically on the leg. After that, we went to the Anatomy Room, where we got the opportunity to dissect and reflect the muscles and tendons, as well as explore the nerves and vessels underneath. There will soon be an interfaith celebration to commemorate the deceased - who very generously donated their bodies that we medical students may dissect and learn from - and I intend to take part.

2) After our Anatomy Practicals, I went to Mercer Medical Centre to get my blood test done. I previously had my three vaccinations for Hepatitis B, so this was to confirm that I had immunity against the disease. It was over very soon, and I walked back to the Coffee Doc to do some study, while waiting for my friends to finish their Anatomy Practicals (they were in a different group than me). At 1.00pm, we met up and went to Dicey's Garden together. It has been so long since I went to Dicey's - and it tasted awesome after such a long hiatus haha.

3) Made it back just in time for the next two lectures - one on Health Behaviour and Patient Safety, and the other on Immunology. By 4.00pm, everyone was just so tired that we couldn't wait to go home. I went to the library instead, as I was going over to Nee Kee's apartment later to celebrate our very own Reunion Dinner with my friends. Later in the evening, I went over to meet my friends, and we had a whale of a time tossing the Yee Sang (a raw fish salad dish). After dinner, we set about folding some paper hand fans, before heading out to McDonald's for some ice-cream. I didn't have any because I was quite full. Walked back home with Jason after that, and finished by typing this out.
That's all for tonight's blog update, and before I sign off,

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! GONG XI FA CAI! Wishing everybody a very happy and prosperous New Year in the Year of the Rooster, and have a great weekend. Cheers! :D

The new Academic Building, which cost €80,000,000 and is scheduled to open this March!

Toast as usual for my breakfast

Kettlebells - NOT mine, just saying ^^

Mercer Medical Centre, where I got my blood test


St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre

Dicey's Garden Menu today

Lunch with my buddies :)

They don't mess around with the portions at Dicey's - beef burger with all the fixings

Received a very unexpected surprise - Ang pow from Esther & family
(THANKS VERY MUCH!!)

Yee Sang <3<3<3

Group Photo ^^

My dinner today


1 comment:

  1. He then completed a two year clinical and research fellowship in Epilepsy in Royal Melbourne Hospital. He has been working as a consultant in Royal Melbourne Hospital since.

    Neurology Australia

    ReplyDelete