Friday 3 February 2017

Day 155

FEB 3

1) Today has been a pivotal day for me. For starters, we finally finished our first quiz! Any student studying here will tell you that the marks that this test contributes to the overall score, is so minuscule so as to be negligible, but I still wanted to prove to myself that I could do well if I tried hard enough. Now we'll just have to wait for the results and see :D

2) I have learnt that it is really difficult to achieve perfect scores in exams AND participate in all sorts of activities, competitions etc - a sacrifice has to be made somewhere. Last semester my focus was shifted more towards trying out new activities e.g. archery, squash, rock-climbing, table tennis etc and as a result there were gaps in my knowledge. So this semester I shall make it a point to focus a little more on my studies and less on extracurricular activities. Of course that doesn't mean I'll neglect them completely, just cutting down time spent doing them.

3) This semester has a lot going on; we have five modules - Health Behaviour and Patient Safety (HBPS), Fundamentals of Biomedicine (FUN2), Renal, Endocrine, Genitourinary and Breast (REGUB), Gastrointestinal and Hepatology (GIHEP) and Introduction to Clinical Practice (ICP1). In addition to this, we have one individual project, a team project, and individual portfolio to do. Not forgetting the GP visits, the Healthcare Symposia, and the Histology components, which we are expected to read up by ourselves. And we have but 4 months to accomplish all of this! P.S. This long paragraph is directed at those who think only their course is difficult. I'm not saying our course is the most difficult, but just so everyone is aware, we're all in the same boat...

4) As to how my day went, I can summarise it very simply; woke up really early to reach RCSI before 7.00am, did my last bit of revision before the 8.00am test, and then spent the rest of the day (until 4pm no less!) attending lectures one after the other. Went to the library, got some work done on my team project, before going to Dunnes to buy my groceries. I'm planning to cook tonight. The rest of the night was just me relaxing, contemplating on how to spend my weekend getting things sorted. And here I am, typing this piece of reflection out for my blog. I'm going home soon to cook, so I'd best get going. Thanks for reading as always, and have a great day. Cheers!

Baguette at AK. Henry's for lunch today :)

My last chicken dinner before I cook again



No comments:

Post a Comment