Saturday 11 February 2017

DAY 163

Feb 11

1) Today has been an interesting day. For starters, me and my friends volunteered to help promote Down Syndrome awareness, as part of the UKEC (United Kingdom Education Centre) initiative. Zi Yan and I opted to volunteer from 10.00am, at Dunnes Stores near Henry St. There were a couple of tasks at hand, a) bag packing for the patrons of the store, b) collecting donations for charity, and c) handling out pamphlets and stickers, all in the name of raising public awareness on Down Syndrome.

2) We were the only two from RCSI at that particular time slot; the rest of the volunteers were from UCD. We quickly made friends, and talked about life in UCD and their studies. The hours passed quickly, and by noon we were done! Based on my observations, almost half of the customers actually donated, which is quite impressive. It is true then as they say, it is better to give than to receive :D

3) After the event, Zi Yan walked to Moore Market to grab his fruits and veggies, while I walked back to the library. Finally I have a chance to study and catch up on some long overdue projects haha. That has taken up the rest of the day, except for when I went to Dunnes to get a loaf of bread myself. It has been an enriching experience volunteering, and it adds a new dimension to my life; to help without expecting anything in return - and that is a valuable lesson indeed. That's all for today, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it. Have a nice day, cheers!

Group photo at Dunnes!! ^^

My fried rice (that's four meals here haha)

Breakfast as usual :)

Seriously, if you don't get the reference, that's probably better anyway XD

No caption needed (seriously the graffiti here is really good haha)


The iconic Temple Bar

No caption needed

Three friendly pigeons (outside Ilac Shopping Centre)

Me and Zi Yan, volunteers for the day!!






It seems I made an error- this is the last spaghetti dinner I promise XD



No comments:

Post a Comment