Friday 31 March 2017

DAY 211

Mar 31

1) So finally, we had our Anatomy Card Signing today. To be frank, I didn't prepare much for it, instead focusing on the Histology Quiz due next Tuesday. At least, I did spend the previous day revising all of the previous lectures. That would have to suffice I guess...

2) Card Signing started at 2.00pm. Essentially, it is an oral exam where the examiner asks you questions about whatever you have studied on that region, and you don't have much time to think. Grades are divided between an A, B or C. Some examiners choose to use "+" and "-" to further separate the grades. So today, we got Dr. Farrell for our group. What I didn't expect was for him to ask us about the lower limb - this was supposed to have been covered in the previous test.

3) When it came to my turn, he asked me a lot on the lower limb, the muscles, vasculature etc. It took me all my effort to remember what some of these structures were called, and I kept confusing names up. Fortunately, I still managed to pull through, and felt really happy when I saw the "A" next to my name. To be honest, I feel there's an element of luck involved in getting good grades, as I remember toiling for days on my first card signing and still ending up with a B.

4) The rest of the day had me in the library, taking a nice (albeit short) break in the afternoon. Woke up from a short nap and started studying for the Histology Quiz. In the evening, my friends and I met up at the Coffee Doc, to prepare for tomorrow's event - the MMII Time Bomb event, at Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute. My friends and I are in charge of facilitating some sessions throughout the event, so there's plenty to discuss and coordinate among ourselves. Hopefully everything goes smooth sailing, and the event turns out to be a great success!

5) That has been the gist of my day. Hopefully you enjoyed reading about it. I'll be ending on this note. Thanks for reading as always, and have a great weekend. Cheers!

A very sunny day at St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre ^^

Pasta carbonara for lunch today







No comments:

Post a Comment