Saturday 17 December 2016

DAY 106

Dec 16

1) Today was a jam-packed day. Woke up early with my friends, and we visited many tourist destinations throughout the day. Among these include The Elephant House Cafe (where JK. Rowling wrote the Harry Potter books), the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (RCSE), the University of Edinburgh (Old College and New College), Holyrood Palace (the official residence of the British monarch in Scotland), St. Giles Cathedral, and Edinburgh Castle.

2) We had lunch at "Oink", famous for their pulled pork sandwiches. Really large portions and great value in my opinion. In the afternoon, Zi Yan and I paid for admission into Edinburgh Castle while the rest went for souvenir hunting. Edinburgh Castle was a lot larger than we expected, and it was a good couple of hours for us to explore every nook and cranny of the building.

3) A stroke of luck saw us meet up with Hoong Chow, the same guy whom we made friends with while climbing Arthur's Seat yesterday! He was shocked to see us as well, and we took some selfies before me and Zi Yan had to go. After a long day walking, Zi Yan, Khee Heng, Kuhan, and I went to The Fiddler's Arms, a pub just opposite our hostel. I had their Edinburger while Khee Heng and Kuhan had the haggis. The food was sooooo good and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in giving it (the national dish of Scotland) a try.

4) At night, my friends and I went to the hostel bar where we played table tennis and some pool. After some time, we came back to the room where I tried uploading the photos for the day. Easier said than done when I have literally hundreds of photos to select from. Anyway, that sums up my day today and I hope you enjoy the photos that I took. Have a great day, cheers!



































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment