Monday 10 October 2016

DAY 39

Oct 10

1) Today was a routine day of sorts. Woke up and had breakfast -peanut butter and nutella sandwiches, before going to school. We had one lecture on Biomedicine followed by another one on Cardiovascular Systems. Then it was time for lunch.

2) Tried out the cottage pie at AK. Henry's, as well as a chocolate muffin, which my friend apparently swears by. The cottage pie was so-so, but the muffin was absolutely delectable! Went a little over the budget today (total cost me €7.70), but I was feeling rather peckish...

3) Anyway, today was also our second healthcare symposium. Basically, two speakers gave their speeches on diabetes. The first speaker talked about a programme called Diabetes Ireland, and how they were using it to empower diabetes patients to take control of their lives, as well as promoting public awareness on the issue. The second speaker, being a type I diabetic, explained the challenges of coping and living with diabetes on a daily basis.

4) Time passed by quickly, and soon the talk was over. I paid a trip to Dunnes, to purchase some frozen meals. I'm trying to mix things up a little; to add a little variety into my meals. After that, it was straight home, where I am about to prepare dinner. After that, I will go into my usual routine of studying and surfing the net until bedtime. Another routine day, and hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting! :D


My daily breakfast ritual


 Cottage pie (€5.95)


Chocolate muffin, 
literally to die for!

 Bowl of Maggi Mee Kari,
enough to evoke memories of days gone by...

No comments:

Post a Comment